Hardened Hardened

you tried like hell

hardstyle is no easy thing to produce. but you did a decent job getting that kick down, it's just eqed a little wrong. and you also have some format issues. first, your intro is confusing. don't know whats the kick, whats the clap, whats the bass etc.... you have the right idea but you need to put more time into transitions and mastering your sounds. its nice to start with an off time percussion slowly leading in the bass and a fully functional hard kick. but I would say never introduce the kick clap and melody at the same time. it's almost as if you started with a build up, then went straight to the drop, but never transitioned or changed melodies.

I would say that you prob started this as an experiment, threw it together rather quickly and posted it because you were happy with certain creative elements. I've done it myself tons of times. just don't forget to go back and finish it cause this would be a sick song.

so to recap

1. dont start clap kick and melody together
2. finish mastering your kick
3. raise the low end and attack of your starting kick
4. fade the melody in (or just create a new lead and save the melody for the drop)
5. learn how to make a reverse bass and get your intro PUMPING!

I gave you a 4 based on the notion I assume you're better than this song sounds, now please if you don't mind, I'd appreciate a review of my newest work in progress :)

Atlantis Remix Hardstyle Atlantis Remix Hardstyle

sick song!a couple errors I see though format wise. I wouldn't have switched up the kick in the intro. unless you're fading in or using an lfo I would have just stuck with the kick overlayed with the snare, and I would have turned the low end up on it. also, the melody is nice, but you didn't do much of a transition into the kick, you gotta stretch it out and really make the listener want that drop! I thinkin this song you're mixing oldschool and new school hardstyle. sick ass kick and reverse bass combo, sick ass old school melody, but you threw that new school kick in there, I'm just not 100% sure it all worked right. but thats just me! I'm 5 ing you anyway because I can see you put some time into this. now if you don't mind go check some of my stuff! I just made a new wip after two years of not producing so I'd appreciate a review :)

CP - Nothing is Given CP - Nothing is Given

really sick song man, very pro sounding! do you produce your own synths? if so great fucking job man :). anyway I really dig this, I'm gonna go snoop some of your other stuff. please feel free to check some of my stuff. I haven't made anythying quite this good, although I haven't really followed this trance format either, especially with the bpm. I'm guessing 128?

combatplayer responds:

thanks man!
i believe it was 130 for this one. that or 120bpm, i don't recall. also yeah i made all my synths for this, if you're using FL youll know of the 3xOsc native FL synth. i made most of the sounds with that aside from drums and the voices. the voices were from the FL speech synth.